The goal of ergonomics is to reduce stress and to eliminate injuries and disorders associated with the overuse of muscles, bad posture and receptive tasks. It is also the responsibility of designers to know what specifications make for a healthy work environment, and it is their duty to society to educate the end users on how to use each item correctly.
For workers there are six main preventions they should take:
- TAKE FREQUENT BREAKS (EVERY 20-30MIN)
- MAINTAIN ERECT POSITION OF BACK AND NECK WITH SHOULDERS RELAXED
- KEEP FEET FLAT ON THE FLOOR AND UPPER BODY RESTING ON THE SIT BONES
- KEEP WRISTS AS NEUTRAL AS POSSIBLE
- AVOID BENDING NECK FORWARD
- KEEP MOVING!
For designers there are three main principles to designing ergonomically:
- PERMIT WORKER TO ADOPT SEVERAL DIFFERENT HEALTHY POSTURES
- MAKE SURE MUSCLE FORCES ARE BEING DONE BY THE LARGEST APPROPRIATE MUSCLE GROUPS
- PROVIDE WORK STATIONS THAT PROMOTE…
View original post 69 more words